8.1.18

Mirra.



I Scrapbooked two 12"x 12" pages using a photo of my mother and one of her paintings.
The tags have more information.



My inspiration was Mixed media Canvas by NATALIE MAY at Happydaks.



Detail of chipboard scroll by Maya Road and brushes.


Close up of title.


Close up of artist palette and buttons.

Close up of wire. 



Some of the supplies and tools I used were: Prima - Finnabair - Vintage Vanity Collection - Clear Acrylic Stamps - Music Notes, Crack/Rock Texture wood mounted rubber stamp by All Night Media, Memories™ Mists Merlot, pink lemonade and blueberry shake, Perfect pearls mist-perfect pearl and Heirloom gold,  stencils/masks, a craft-knife, Modge Podge mat by Plaid, alphabet stencil, foam brush, paintbrushes, mounting squares, ink-pad, eye-shadow applicators, light-blue Pearlescent paint by Color Factory, used credit card, wire, Ultimate tag kit 5 from Around the block, book it biggest board by Fancy Pants, wooden alphabet by Craft Medley, brad, card-stock, chipboard, Acrylic paint, fibers, buttons, hot glue, glue-gun, emery board, embroidery cloth, tags, newspapers, chipboard scroll by Maya Road, etc.



Cosmos painted by my mother. My mother was a self-taught artist, she painted under the name Mirra. I am fortunate to have a few of my mother’s paintings and photos of most.

Hand decorated background paper, using masks/stencils and mist sprays, is ideal for making customized background patterns. I used Memory mists, but you can make your own mists.

Beginner Mixed Media Background.



Some of the stencils I used as masks, the one on the right is from a TUPPERWARE SALAD/VEGETABLE (KEEP FRESH) CONTAINER.




I also used a plastic sink mat which I got at the dollar-store.

Plastic embroidery mesh used as a mask.


Another plastic sink mat used on the chipboard shapes.


A paper doily and an empty transparent pop dots.
Paint Palette Pattern.

Tokeloshe ©


No comments: