19.2.18

Cards from the past.



I created one 12" x 12" Scrapbook page using a photo of my grandmother Pieteriza Cilliers Van Ellewee. (7.10.01- 7.7.1992) and copies of some of her cards.  The photo was taken Circa 1919 in South Africa.







Close up of clock, which I made with hot glue and a glue gun. Scroll down to see how I made the clock. I used another clock as a mask. I soak the clock which is glued to the card-stock in water  to remove ot from the card-stock.


 My inspiration was "Portrait of Jessie" by Mgiov at Scrapbook.com. She blogs as Scrappy Musings.



I made the hatpins using 20 gauge wire, beads, bead caps, crimping beads, etc. You can see more of my hatpins here and the tools I use.

How to Crimp, A Basic Jewelry Making Skill - Craftsy


Close up of chip-board frame, pen-nib, etc. I distressed the Chipboard frame with acrylic paint and Elmer's school glue to obtain a crackled paint effect.

DIY Crackle Paint With Elmer's Glue


Click above for another example and see my Tutorials.

I fastened the clock pattern under the card-stock, attached with pegs on to My Light-Box to do the hot glue clock on the card-stock. My glue gun is on a trivet at the back. Please note, do not use Hot glue for photos, the heat and acidity can harm your photos. I covered the glue with layers of acid-free paint.   Use a hair dryer to melt the glue strings, don’t heat too much otherwise you will melt the clock.

SourcesClock Face with Roman Numerals from The Graphics Fairy



Supplies:
Forever in Time Clear Cling Rubber Stamp Floral Swirl Border Corners Set.


Other supplies and tools that I used were: Pink lemonade Memories™ Mists spray, Pink string beads, Card-stock, corner rounder punch ( or Nail-clipper, paper-trimmer, fabric flowers, brads, ink-pads, eye-shadow applicator, hole punches,  mountings squares, pop dots, Mod Podge Gloss by Plaid, K&Co Smash Stick Pen & Glue Stick - Black, alphabet stencil, etc.
You might also like: 


 Tokeloshe ©




No comments: