20.10.17

Die Heidenooientjie.



I Scrapbooked one 12"x 12" page using photos of myself as a teenager. My inspiration was "A little child" by  Sarah Fishburn from the book “Creative Paper Techniques for Scrapbooks (Memory Makers)  and French Canvas Decor from Brassy Apple. The tags contain more information.




 

 Some of the supplies and tools I used were: Butterfly clip art from the Rosewood pattern pack by Colorbök, paper napkins, Matt Modge Podge by Plaid,  Memories Mists Blueberry Shake, Blue Studio G glitter glue, K & Company Smash Pen, card-stock, a foam brush (to apply the Modge Podge), a brad, dried flowers (these were covered with Modge Podge as they can stain card stock over time) fibers, a blue Aqaurelle pencil, etc. I separated the layers of paper napkins before I cut them out and they are covered with modge podge.

 

I was one of the dancers in our school play called " Die Heidenooientjie" by Olof Andresen. Loosely
translated as girl of the heath
.
 

The photos of me were taken by my dad when I was in Standard 8, my mother sewed my dress, the fabric was tule and the bodice was lurex. The background on the photos were a bit busy, so I cut out the silhouettes and attached wings cut out from paper napkins. The painting behind me was done by my mother and yes, I could play an organ as well ;-)

   

I am fortunate to still have the program, which I resized and included in my layout.


Die Heidelied - Olaf Andresen - Bladmusiek/musical score. From the Internet.

Gé Korsten en Min Shaw - Die heidelied

The song “Die Hiedelied” was sung by Min Shaw and Gè Korsten in the movie “Hoor my lied/Hear my Song.“  in 1967.

Laat my langs die heide wandel,
Waar die heiderosies blom.
Waar uit bossies en groen weiland.
Nuwe lenteliedjies kom.
Jy behoort aan my, o skone dal,
My heideland, gegroet wees jy 'n Duisendmaletal.
O, jou kleuremooie blommeprag
Word groetend blom
Vir blompie toegelag.

Wyl ek deur die heide wandel
Waar die heide rosies blom.
Langs die spruitjie deur die heide
Vloei my diep verlange heen.
En my tuiste bly die heide
Ek en heide ewig een.
Jy behoort aan my, o skone dal,
My heideland, gegroet wees jy 'n Duisendmaletal.
O, jou kleuremooie blommeprag
Word groetend blom Vir blompie toegelag.
Wyl ek deur die heide wandel
Waar die heide rosies blom.

You might also like: 


Tokeloshe ©





No comments: