1.3.17

Photographer.

1-dsc_0044

I scrap-booked one 12″ x 12″ page using photos of my husband's grandfather and he's camera. There is more information on the tabbed index card under the photo. I have scrap-booked him before and you can see the layout here. My inspiration was Bjarni By: Tracy Christine Funk at Scrapbook.com and "Heavy Pedal" by Blaire Banks from the Creating Keepsakes magazine, Teens and adults Idea book-2004.
1-dsc_0047

Close up of label holder, distressed paper, Faux rust snap-fasteners, Lock-washers, etc.
1-dsc_0045

Close up of faux rust snap-fasteners, Lock-washers and hand decorated paper.
13094308_618546584976603_5338120724552298595_n

My husband's cousin still has the camera and glass negatives, he took photos of the camera and negatives and sent them to me. The camera is also called a Camera Obscura and was made by J. Lancaster & Son, Birmingham.
1-dscn3402

I gathered some supplies beforehand in a 13″x 13″ Iris® Scrapbook Case.
Some of the supplies I used were: Deep Red Stamps-Cling Mounted Rubber Stamp-Roman Clock, Kaisercraft-Stencils Template-ClockClear Scraps-Mascils-12 x 12 Masking Stencil-Sprockets GearsClear Scraps-Mascils -12 x 12 Masking Stencil-Cog WheelsLock-washers (which are available from hardware stores), brads, an index tabbed card, photo corners, card-stock, 3d pop dots,  hot glue, etc.
Techniques: Faux Rust Painting-Quick, Easy and Cheap! by DaveLoweDesign used on washers and snap fasteners. I hand decorated the paper by distressing it using Ranger Industries, Tim Holtz® Distress Ink Pad-Vintage Photo, I then added a clock and gears using the stencils, an ink-pad and an eye-shadow applicator.

 The title font is Lucinda Handwriting.

You might also like: 

Tokeloshe ©


No comments: