16.12.16

A portable Light-box.

1-dscn3380

I recently found a white shadow box at a thrift-store, which I then converted into a light-box.  I love using it while scrap-booking for tracing, viewing negatives, dry embossing, etc. Here you can see my Old Light-box.
A lightbox is an enclosure (usually a box of some sort) containing white-light balanced fluorescent tubes behind a flat translucent glass or plastic surface on which transparencies or negatives are laid in order to view them.” – photographytips.com.
1-dscn3381

It consists of fluorescent lamps and opaque flexible plastic cutting board sheets, as used for cooking. I got them at a Dollar-store😉
 
1-dscn3383

The light source shouldn’t be too close to the flexible plastic cutting board sheets to diffuse the light evenly.

There is a very good article about light-boxes from Families.com on How To Use A Light Box For Scrapbooking by Nicole Humphrey.


Tokeloshe©



No comments: