9.11.16

The Haircut.

1-the-haircut

I created one 12" x 12" scrapbook page using a photo of my husband as a little boy. My inspiration was "Douglas at 3" by Daphne Matthews. The clip-art is from a Afrikaans book called  "SUS EN DAAN", a Silwerboom-series , 'n prentjieboek vir kleuters (A picture book for Preschoolers) which I got from  J JANSE VAN RENSBURG. The title was made with grommets and punched circles with stamped letters. I made the barber-shop sign in Microsoft word. I scanned the page in four parts with an Epson scanner/printer and then joined them in Adobe Photoshop.
1-dsc_0306-2

My inspiration for the key tag was "Stippled tag card" from a Stamping & Paper-craft magazine, which includes the technique. The hidden tags include more information about the photo.
1-dscn3354

Making the tags with some of the supplies: Stippling brush, Text stamp a from Premo Stamplets - Classic Designs - Sculpey Rubber Stamping Kit, watch wood mounted rubber-stamp, tags, sticky notes (used as masks) Tim Holtz vintage Distress ink-pad, ink-pads and key wood mounted rubber-stamp.
1-dsc_0305

The Toy tag was made using the same technique as the Key tag. The supplies were toys wood mounted rubber-stamp, sundae wood mounted rubber-stamp by Vap! Scrap, a brad, alphabet stamp and string.
1-dsc_0304

The background pattern is from a Collage kit “Keepsake Box” from Westrim crafts and has clip-art of razors.
1-dscn3351

Some of the possible supplies and inspiration which I gathered before I started, in a 12″ x 12″ Iris® Scrapbook Case.
1-dscn3352

Some of the other supplies I used in the layout were buttons, "hand-stamped" wood mounted rubber-stamp by Stampin up!, typewriter alphabet wood mounted rubber-stamp by Studio G, a playing card, butcher's cord, brads, card-stock, paper, photo mounting squares, Handmade wood-mounted stamp from PSX California, grommets, etc.

Be patient the slide show is slow and without sound.

Class Photo Click above for more.

Linda.

No comments: