4.11.16

Buddhist Temple Scrapbook.

1-dsc_0286


This is the first of four 12"x 12" pages that I created using photos of our visit to the Buddhist Temple, in Richmond, B.C. Canada. I adapted Sketch #30 by Kim Keane., used a red paper doily, gold colored beads, pop dots, hot glue, a glue gun, ribbon, string beads, which remind me of the fountains and the incense which people burnt. The title alphabet is called Chop Suey, which I got from Print Mag and did with a Black Calligraphy marker.  The rubber-stamp at the top is from a set called Quatro Elementos by Hero Arts.

1-buddhist-temple-2

My inspiration for the other pages are "China" in the Deluxe Color Blocking Idea book by Jolleen Hansen (Author), Amanda McLaws (Author). On the second page I used small Asian coins, photo-corners, ribbon and  rubber-stamp from a set called Quatro Elementos by Hero Arts. The business card I got at the temple.

1-buddhist-temple-3

On this page, I used Fibers and Sculpey clay with a rubber-stamp from the set called Quatro Elementos by Hero Arts. See next photo for detail of the tags.

  1-dsc_0291

A close up of the Buddhist Tag, which contains more information about the photos. My inspiration for the tag was Oriental Beaded tag from a Stamping and Papercraft magazine. Gift Tag Templates from Rubber-stamping about.com, the Buddhist wood mounted rubber stamp is by Stampin’ Up! Travels Abroad Retired Stamp Set, in the top right hand corner is one of the stamps from a set Authentic rubber-stamps by Buzzy Brands, I also used ink-pads, make up sponges, fibers, a small Asian coin, a brad, photo-corners, embroidery floss, beads, rubber-stamp from a set called Quatro Elementos by Hero Arts, etc.

1-buddhist-temple-4-001

The last page has a pocket, as you can see in the next photo, for a close-up.

1-dsc_0298

I got the brochure at the temple, you can see it here. The Chinese calligraphy is from Wikipedia. I used the Quattro Elementos Wood mounted rubber-stamps by Hero Arts again, a tassel, another small Asian coin, Authentic rubber-stamps by Buzzy Brands, brads, gold stickles,  etc. I used a hair-dryer to dry the stickles as they take long to dry.

1-dsc_0283

I photographed the front page by hanging a curtain over the back of a door, over the door hooks, with a small table in front.

1-dsc_0275

Some of the supplies I gathered before I started in a 12" x 12" Iris® Scrapbook Case.

1-dsc_0297

I gather supplies for future layouts in 12"x 12" Iris® Scrapbook Cases.

1-dscn3350

My table while working on this layout.

1-dscn3346

Working on the tag and title, with both the Travels Abroad and Quattro Elementos stamps in the photo.

You might also like :




Buddhist Temple, Richmond, B.C.

Linda

No comments: